Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin Inquiry

Question
I think I may have a 1944 and 1945 American wheatie penny made out of steel.How can I tell if it is actually steel or a fake. By the way each penny has signs of shiny copper edges. And do you know how much it is worth if it was real?

Secondly, how much is a 100 yen Japanese from 2003 worth?

Answer
With signs of coppper edges, it looks like you have a copper piece that has been plated or colored to look like steel.  Does a magnet attract the piece?  If not, it won't be steel.  I can't imagine that 100 yen from 2003 can be worth anything more than face value -- you can check but I think 100 yen is in the range of a dollar.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak