Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin Inquiry

I think I may have a 1944 and 1945 American wheatie penny made out of steel.How can I tell if it is actually steel or a fake. By the way each penny has signs of shiny copper edges. And do you know how much it is worth if it was real?

Secondly, how much is a 100 yen Japanese from 2003 worth?

With signs of coppper edges, it looks like you have a copper piece that has been plated or colored to look like steel.  Does a magnet attract the piece?  If not, it won't be steel.  I can't imagine that 100 yen from 2003 can be worth anything more than face value -- you can check but I think 100 yen is in the range of a dollar.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak

I will answer your questions about encased coins (lucky pennies), which are advertising and event tokens with coins, unually cents, struck with the token.

Long time collector of encased coins and author of several articles on encased coins.

TAMS, ECI (Encased Collectors International)

TAMS -- several articles on encased coins, in particular the encased coins of the 1901 Buffalo Pan American Exposition
Casement -- many articles on encased coins