Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coins

Question
I have a few coins I inherited and I know nothing about them. I have a Estados Unidos Mexicandos that has 20 centavos from 1951.Also I have a Cinco Dentavos from 1945 and another from 1946 and 1955. I also have a Quarter from Georgia thats dated 1788. I also came across a coin that has 50 and paise dated 1985 on the back, and India on the front.I also have a Elizabeth DD G Regina 1996 on the front and Canada 2 dollars on the back.I have so may coins and I am so lost could you please help me?Thank you  Shirley

Answer
Hi Shirley,

That Elizabeth DDG Regina is worth $2, but only in Canada -- If you know any Canadian snowbirds down there, they might help you out and give you $2 for it.

The Georgia quarter is a commemorative quarter from the 50 State Quarters program, and was actually minted in 1999 -- you can spend it.

The rest of the stuff you listed are common foreign coins -- worth a couple cents apiece.

I would suggest you check the local library for a book (that's about 3 inches thick) called "World Coins" -- you can probably find values for just about all of your foreign coins there.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore