Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Die doubling question

Question
 partial motto ( TRUST)
partial motto ( TRUST  

Partial motto.
Partial motto.  
I was wonder is what I photographed an example of die doubling?

Answer
Hi Darrick, In my opinion, this is machine doubling. This occurs when a normal die strikes a coin and shakes slightly therefore producing machine doubling.  A true double die occurs at the hub production stage when a double image is actually produced and then transferred to a working die. The die then strikes the coin double. Doubling should not need imagination to realize the image.  Look at an authentic 1955 double die to see how dramatic and distinct imaging should be.  Thanks for the question.  Troy Thoreson

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Troy Thoreson