Coin and Paper Money Collecting/German Coins

QUESTION: Have 2 (two) 1 Mark Deutsches Reich sliver coins, 1 - 1875 and 1 - 1881. Also 1 Repvblik Oesterreich Ein Schilling dated 1925. Would be interested to find if they are of any value. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi William,
The Austrian schilling is worth basically silver value in circulated condition. An Uncirculated coin sells for around $10, more if they are in exceptional mint state.
For he German marks value will depend on their mint marks, which can be located below the eagle beneath each talon.
Thanks for the question! =)

QUESTION: The mint marks are "A". Thank you.

Hi again William,
My apologies for the delay to answering your question.
The A mint marks are for the Berlin mint, which made by far the most of any given year and therefore is the most common. In circulated condition they are worth around $5 each.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).