Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Gold Turkish Coin

Hello! I have what I believe is a gold coin from Turkey and I was just curious if i could get an appraisal of the coin and also what exactly this coin is?

Hi Jarod,
There does not appear to be a date or denomination on this piece, so it would be a medallion rather than a coin. Commonly these were made as an adornment on a dress or belt worn by a dancer or performer. Yours seems to be higher quality than a common novelty adornment though. Better quality pieces like this are usually worth 15% to 25% above their gold bullion value. Sometimes they are worth more, especially if they are official and not privately made. The pictures are too small for me to make an exact identification however.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).