Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Louis XVI 1792 2 sols coin

I read your answer to another questioner about this coin. I have one in very good condition. Almost all the text is clearly legible. There is a letter "I" next to the date. Can you please give me a general idea of current value? Many thanks.

Hi Diana,
This one is from the Clermont-Ferrand mint. Though not as common as some of the other mints, they are still quite affordable in average circulated condition. With clearly readable text but significant wear on the bust (the hair for example) they go for $10-$15. If there is sharp detail in the hair as well you are looking at $75-$100 and up.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).