Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Sri Lanka Numismatic Society membership

Dear sir,

I like to get the membership of Sri Lanka Numismatic Society. Could you please guide me for that?

Thank you.

The Sri Lanka Numismatic Society meets every 3rd Sunday of the month (except if that is a Public Holiday) from 2-4 PM at the Board Room of the Royal Asiatic Society, No. 86, Ananda Coomaraswamy Mawatha (Green Path), Colombo 7. (Mahaweli center, near back entrance to Colombo National Museum). If you are near Colombo as a resident or as a visitor, and interested in Coins and Currency, you are most welcome to attend.  You can become a member at that time.

The next meeting is on 2013 July 21

For more details please E-mail me at kavanr @

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga
President SLNS

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga

I can only answer any question regarding Paper Money, coins and Tokens that circulated in Ceylon/Sri Lanka of any era which extends back to 300 BCE. I maintain website which may help you identify your coin. If Country is any other or unknown, coin should have been found in Sri Lanka. Please Do not ask questions about any coins or currency of other countries including USA. Thank You.

I maintain since 1998 the largest website on Ceylon/Sri Lankan coins and Tokens with over 600 pages.

President Sri Lanka Numismatic Society founded in 1976

Sunday Times NewsPaper of Sri Lanka. See

BSc MS PhD in Physics/Astronomy Diploma in Museology

Contributor on Ceylon/Sri Lanka for Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins and Paper Money.