Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1910 D G04 penny

Hello, I was very pleased with your quick and accurate answer last time and have another question. I have stumbled across a coin book of mine with MANY valuable coins. But I have one that I can't figure out. This "mystery coin" is a 1910 penny, it is to my understanding there is only two types of this coin, no mint mark, or S mint mark, the one in my possession is a 1910 D penny, its is in G04 condition. Is this of any value? Once again, thanks for your time -Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry but without seeing it, I cannot offer any definite opinion.

What I can say is that there were no 1910 Lincoln cents minted in Denver.  So I have to believe yours is either altered or damaged.  Most likely it's a 1918-D

If it really is a 1910-D, the Secret Service would likely want to talk to you -- don't think it would even be legal to sell.

There is an interesting forum topic about somebody else having what they believe to be a 1910-D cent here :

You can also find pictures of real 1910 cents, to compare with yours, here :

Compare the size and position of all the digits to your coin.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College