Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1976 $2 bill, .13 stamp/Boston MA post mark

Question
I have a $2 bill with a 13 cent on it. It has a cancellation Boston, MA Post Office stamp of 4/13/1976.  It is in excellent condition. Do you know what it would be worth to a collector?
Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

Janice

Answer
Hey Janice, thanks for the question.  The simple answer is around $5.  People collect those based on the location of the post office that stamp cancelled it.  So the same note from a city in Alaska or Hawaii might be $15.  Sadly, Boston is pretty common.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  And remember, there are dealers who specialize in rare paper money who are also sometimes buyers.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett