Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Churchill crown

Hello Barry,just read a reply you sent re:Churchill crown.Among the few I qwn there is one which is ageing exactly like a  sterling silver coin,the same patina,not tarnished and shines like a FDC and as I do not know any better I would swear this coin is silver.Your view please.I see France beside your name,so,votre opinion svp.Cordialement.Patrick

Hi Patrick, that just the way it goes. It's made from cupro-nickel and they can age like that.

They did produce a silver one for VIPs and you would know if you had that, it would be in a rather exquisite presentation box and be worth over 1000.

I reckon you have the same one we all have; comes in at around 2.00.

Sorry mate.

Au revoir

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

barry cutts

Renowned technology and business copywriter as well as established specialist in British and French coins; of any period for British but post 1780-ish for French; and any denomination....Origins and history of British silver coins (crowns, halfcrowns and florins) primarily from the reign of Charles I onwards. Matters relating to their value, saleability, condition, desirability and related issues. Broadly speaking I am pretty clued-up on most European coins too. Not American coins at all.

Passionately involved in British coins for over 15 years.

No organisational affiliations. ANA recently applied for, awaiting response.

Educated to Bachelor of Arts (with honours) degree level in English and European Literature.