Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Churchill crown

Question
Hello Barry,just read a reply you sent re:Churchill crown.Among the few I qwn there is one which is ageing exactly like a  sterling silver coin,the same patina,not tarnished and shines like a FDC and as I do not know any better I would swear this coin is silver.Your view please.I see France beside your name,so,votre opinion svp.Cordialement.Patrick

Answer
Hi Patrick, that just the way it goes. It's made from cupro-nickel and they can age like that.

They did produce a silver one for VIPs and you would know if you had that, it would be in a rather exquisite presentation box and be worth over 1000.

I reckon you have the same one we all have; comes in at around 2.00.

Sorry mate.

Au revoir

barry  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

barry cutts