Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin identification

Question
face
face  

lion
lion  
Dmitry:Nice to see you're still answering questions. I have what I think is a Persian coin. I can't determine the date or denomination. I would appreciate that information as well as a value. It is about silver dollar size and appears to be silver. Thanks again, Jim.

Answer
Hey Jim, long time.
It is indeed Persian, a .900 silver 5000 dinars (also called 5 kran) and dated AH1340 (CE 1921). This is one of the slightly better dates in the series with a reported mintage of 303k. Fair market value in this condition in $40 to $50 auction.
Thanks again for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits