Coin and Paper Money Collecting/do you know what this is

pic 2
pic 2  
Had this for awhile not sure what it is.  Wondering if you can tell me thanks

Hi Leah,
It was a medal, but appears to have been defaced. The blank side would have had detail on it, and I can see it's been tapered around the edge and the lettering is partially cut off. If I could make out the legends on this side I may be able to identify it, but regardless of even if it were a rare medal there would be little, if any, value in this condition.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).