Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Old Chinese silver large coin

Dear Dmitry,
  Its great to have people like you, to help coin collectors like us who are not experts in the coin field.I have a large sized silver chinese coin with chinese initials on the front side and two dragons going towards the sun on the back side.I have checked the standard coin catalogue and the internet but cannot find this coin.Could you please kindly help me out on this one.Very kind regards.

Hi Muhaimin,
Is the coin you have look like on of the two I have attached pictures of? These are both modern fantasy pieces, meaning they are designs that never existed on genuine circulating Chinese coins. They are typically not made of solid silver and are usually lighter weight than genuine silver coins of this size that are normally around 27 grams.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).