Coin and Paper Money Collecting/old german coin

Question
I have a silver coin that has on the front a double capital F topped with a crown and says around the edge; V.G.G.GR. HZ.V.M.S; and on the back the numeral four sided by 2 flower petals and says SCHILLINGE - MECKL.SCHW.LAND.MUNZ AND 1826 ON THE BOTTOM.  Can you help me identify it please.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Bill,
This is a 4 Schilling coin from the German state of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. These are made of low purity silver and are not particularly scarce. Depending on condition, an average circulated example with clear details but clear signs of wear starts at around $10, while pieces in good shape go fro $20 and up. Mint condition coins are hard to find and command a significant premium.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits