Coin and Paper Money Collecting/pennies

Question
DSCF0233
DSCF0233  

DSCF0241
DSCF0241  
Hello Ron; I have a few pennies that I have questions on First are the three of the 1990's and the 1996 also the 1987 have a ring going around the words IN GOD WE TRUST or through them. more visible in the 1987. second are the 1999 and the 2000 broad strike coins. Third on the 1987,two 1999's on the reverse the word OF is stamped with it disappearing at the bottom? Are these coins errors

Answer
Walter:

Photos hard to distinguish whether they are real errors or not. Coins with rings likely altered. Broadstruck coins are larger in diameter, having the retaining collar fail to function and hold blank in place when struck. Can't see any difference in your photos. Real minor boadstrikes sell for about $1. The coin with the disappearing "OF" may be a filled die, and a minor error, worth maybe 50 cents.

Sometimes you can think you have a real error coin. Here are examples of coins either being altered or damaged.
See link: http://coinauctionshelp.com/page15.html
See link: http://conecaonline.org/content/OhNo.htm

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to it's value and if it is authentic at no charge. Always try and get at least two opinions and try and deal with PNG dealers if possible. Here's a link to find one in your area: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Thank You and Good Luck in your collecting.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern