Coin and Paper Money Collecting/silver/copper dime

Question
hello i got a dime in some change today and in it was a 2013-p dime and on the backside of the dime it is copper and on the front side of it it is silver/nickel with the copper bleeding through is it worth anything?

Answer
Hi Charles,

What you have is known as an unfinished planchet error -- AKA missing clad layer.  Dimes are cut from long strips of copper that are coated with the silvery-looking outer layer.  This is why you see the copper stripe on the outside edge of the dime.  If part of the strip does not get coated, and a coin blank gets cut out of the uncoated area, what you have is the result.

These generally sell for a few dollars on eBay.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore