Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Unknown coin

unknown coin
unknown coin  
QUESTION: I can not find any information on this coin. I hope you can help? Thank You for your time.

ANSWER: Hi Dennis,
It does not appear to be any kind of coins. Perhaps a token, but honestly looks more like an old button. What is on the other side?

Thanks for the question! =)

inknown coin
inknown coin  
QUESTION: here's the reverse side of the coin

Hi again Dennis,
It is certainly not a coin since the design does not have any denomination, any date or any place of origin.
This is certainly a button, and is very similar in style to US civil war era military buttons. The word "superior" on the back is something that was on all such buttons and the Gothic circular font is also consistent with buttons.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).