Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1945 penny struck on dime blank

Hi,  I have a 1945 no mint mark penny that looks to have been struck on a dime planchet. It is not magnetic and has high rounded outer edges. Is this error common for this date and what is a ball park value without a picture. Thank you for your time. JS

Is it silver?  The U.S. mint struck coins for other countries, th as t's why I ask.

Definitely not common but strikes on the wrong planchet do occur.

Are you sure its not a normal penny that's been silver plated?  Dimes are smaller than pennies.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow