Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1974 Lincoln penny

Question
I recently opened a roll of pennies and found one 1974 penny with only one side , the face side of Lincoln appears normal however the backside is blank, it has a rim around the coin just like a normal penny but the backside seems to be hollowed out, I don't see any machine marks. I'm just interested to see if this something that's could happen during the pressing process or has anyone else had anything like this..

Thank you in advance for your help

Glenn

Answer
Sorry Glenn, but all you have is half of a manually altered magician's coin.  Along with this piece, there is another altered penny out there somewhere, that would fit into the hollowed out area of your coin.  These two altered pieces were glued together at one time to make a 2-headed coin, used for magic tricks or to cheat at coin flips.

As it is, what you have is worthless -- maybe not even acceptable at a bank.

Wish I had better news for you,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore