Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Connecticut state quarter misprint

I have a Connecticut state quarter that when you flip it over the tree is 90 degrees off. It faces to the side. Is this quarter worth anything?

You sound like you have a Connecticut state quarter with a rotated reverse of 90 degrees. Normal die orientation would make the reverse of the coin upside down when flipped. Dies have alignment features to try and prevent rotation from happening, but there have been cases where the die was put in improperly or the die worked itself loose during the striking of the coins. I personally have no access to the quantity of specific rotated die error coins, but you may be able to get data here:

Your coin should be looked at by an expert. A true error with a 90 rotated reverse could be worth $150-$350 retail.

Here are two sites to check actual error values:

You may want to check US coins and currency listings under errors on eBay from time to time to see if your coin is listed what this type of item may bring.

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to the value at no charge. Always try and get at least two opinions and try and deal with PNG dealers if possible. If you should decide to sell your items to a dealer, remember they will offer about 50% to 60% of the retail value. Here's a link to find one in your area:

Yes, you'd likely get a higher value for your coin in a major coin/currency auction. I'll provide you with several sources, should you decide to take this route.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.