Coin and Paper Money Collecting/error penny

I have an very interesting error penny in my possession, and looking online I think it may be one of a kind.  The reverse is fine, however the front contains a second copy of the reverse side ont top of it at a 90 degree angle.  It is dated 1973. I would like an opinion as to whether this coin may be valuable to a collector. I am attaching a picture for your review.

Based on the attached photo, I'd say you have a normal cent that had glue applied and stuck together with another cent. I do not believe it to be a genuine mint error.There is a high possibility that what you see may be dried glue where another coin came in contact with it prior to drying, transferring the reverse image onto the coin. Altered coins would have no added numismatic value.

Sometimes people try and fool you into thinking you have a real error coin. Here are examples of coins either being altered or damaged.
See link:
See link:

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to it's value and if it is authentic at no charge. Remember, should you choose to sell your coin, get at least two estimates from professional coin dealers (PNG). I've listed a link for you to find them in your area. Link:

Dealers normally pay between 50% to 60% of retail for items they want.

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Thank You and Good Luck in your collecting.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.