Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Unknown "to me" coin/medal

I have this .999 silver medal/coin and have no experience with coins or the like.

I have some good detailed pics i can send for you to look at but

along the top it says
"Oliver Hazard Perry"

Along bottom it says
"Sesquicentennial also in small letters is KHH on the left side of his jacket"

The back shows a old missle frigate i think and says We have met the enemy and they are ours. Sept.10.1813

Hi Joshua,
What you have is a medal, not a coin.  It has little collector value but since it is .999 silver and I am assuming it weighs one troy ounce, it is currently worth about $22

Check ebay for similar items.  It was probably one of a series.

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow