Coin and Paper Money Collecting/value (if any) of misprinted penny

Hi Joe,

I have found a 2006 US Penny that has a 9 printed under to last digit of the year. Is there a way to find if that misprint has any value?

Thank you, Sandy

Hi Sandy,
I am betting that the 9 was stamped IN to the coin and is not raised like the date.

If that is the case, it happened after it left the mint and is not an error.  If that is NOT the case, the coin needs physical inspection which I can't help with.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow