Coin and Paper Money Collecting/bicentennial quarter error

quarter error front
quarter error front  

quarter error back
quarter error back  
I have a bicentennial quarter that has  2 separate clips on opposite sides of the coin.   I was wondering what you thought of the coin, how rare this error is, approximate value, etc.    Thanks for your time

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your question. From the photos that you provided it does look like this is a double clipped quarter.

Error coins are difficult to price out since there are no standard price guides. The clips on this one are not too deep and there are likely to be a lot of them as this was one of the largest mintages of the Washington quarter series.

If I were to guess what you would get for this I would say somewhere between $20 and $50.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics