Coin and Paper Money Collecting/production error banknote

In early 2002 a few freshly printed and issued banknotes of 500 euro without a patch hologram were found. Those notes, a few tens of them all together, were quickly exchanged by the issuing central bank. However, a very few single notes did not return, one of the notes was sold on auction in Helsinki for about 3,300 eur (reference to the press is existing).
Does such a rare defect note still possess interest to the collectors; what might be the value (uncirculated)?
Thanks, kind regards.

Hello Retret,

Error notes are highly sought after by collectors. If one of these notes did sell for $3300 Euros we can assume that another one would come close to that value. For a note of this value to be seen as authentic you will need to get it authenticated by PCGS or PMG. It would need to be sold through a well respected dealer or auction house.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics