Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Rare oval shaped silver coin

Question
Hello, I have an inquiry. My grandfather gave me a coin when I was a baby and I want to know what it is worth. On the front of the coin are pictures of Washington, Lincoln, Kennedy and the Statue of Liberty over the New York skyline. On the bottom it says centennial 1886-1986. On the back it says standard mint
. Mesa, arizona. No. 679. 3 troy ounces. .999 fine silver.
Thank you for your time.
Chelle

Answer
Hi Chelle,

This is a commemorative souvenir from the Statue of Liberty 100th anniversary celebration.  It's a relatively rare item, however most of its value will come from the 3 ounces of silver it contains.  At the current price of silver, there's about $60 worth of silver in it.  Being unusual, you might be able to find a collector willing to pay about $75 for it.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore