Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Unknown Coin/medallion

Unknown coin/medallion
Unknown coin/medallion  
where is the origin of the coin/medallion ? thank you

Hi again,
It appears to be a privately made novelty medallion, possibly meant for sale to tourists. The design is modeled after Egyptian or Turkish Ottoman coins, with the wreath, star and design detail in the middle. Seems to be made of brass. The official coins that had a similar design were made of silver or gold. Pieces like this are found all over the Middle East and other Muslim nations, often having been made in the middle of the 20th century.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).