Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1911-D $2.5 gold indian

Question
1911-D ?
1911-D ?  

1911-D
1911-D  
I have three of these coins. This is the one with real fine and thin wire rim on right side of obverse. The other two have wider and more pronounced wire rim, also on right side. One from 12:00 to 3:00, the other one is 2:00 to 5:00. Do you think these could be weak D's? Hope photo's are sharp enough.

Steve

Answer
Hi Stephen,

I can't see from the pictures but a wire rim?  That would be suspect to me.  Traditionally, $2.50 Indians with the incuse design would not have a wire rim.  The first thing I would do is authentication.  
As for a weak "D", you need a 10x loupe for that, but it would be visible.  UNfortunately, I can't do that with a picture.

Good luck
Joe

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas