Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1968 no S dime

Question
Is this the 1968 no s dime?
Is this the 1968 no s  
Is this a 1968 no s dime?
Is this a 1968 no s di  
QUESTION: Hi... I have had this dime for sometime now. Knowing I need to ask someone about it... Before I spend it. Could this possibly be the 1968 no s dime that so many are looking for?

ANSWER: Sorry, but no.  That's just a regular 1968 dime from the Philadelphia Mint.

The rare no-s dime came only from proof sets.  It would have to be a mirrored proof coin to even be considered.

Wish I had better news for you,

Dan

QUESTION: Thank you for answering me.  I have another question... Is there any way it could have been taken out of its case and spent? If so... What would it look like?  Sorry... I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Answer
Hi Tiffany,

If it were taken out and spent, by the time it got worn down as much as your coin is, it would be impossible to tell if it were originally a proof.  Therefore, nobody will agree that it is the rare no-S proof, and nobody will pay any collector premium for it.

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore