Coin and Paper Money Collecting/error

Question
Hi their I have a question I found a penny that has an error it is clear. The number was supposed to be what I believe is 1964 but on the penny it says 196b and under the 9 there is a 4. Now I was wondering how much would a penny like that be worth I have had it for over 15 years and I just looked over my piggy bank and fund it. Would you know how much something like that is worth.

Answer
Hello ana,

It sounds like (I can be more specific if you send a picture) you have a "filled" error cent. This occurs when a small piece of material gets onto the surface of the planchet or in the die before striking. This is very common and well within the Mint's quality guidelines so I am afraid to say that this has very little value.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy