Coin and Paper Money Collecting/inherited coin collection

Hello: Do you have any suggestion on how to value and equally divide up an inherited coin collection between four persons?  Some of us may want to keep some of the coins rather than sell the entire collection. We all live in different locations. I don;t know if we should take the collection to an appraiser or how we should proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You realy need an independent appraisal.  Itemized coin by coin.
that eill be costly but if the collection warrants, so be it.
You will need a complete inventory as well.

What type of coins?  Maybe I can help. Where are you?

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow