Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1937 P 5 cent DDO DDR in one Found!

Question
QUESTION: Sir,  Thank you for all your help in the past questions. I recently was handed a 5 Cent US coin by a cashier due to they know I love to collect coins. As I took a close up photo it showed very nice doubling on front and back of the coin.

As I checked all over the net. I only found the 1937 D Three legged Buffalo Nickel variety. Nothing about a 1937 P  Buffalo Nickel listed,
Have you heard of one or seen one before?
The coin is VF to possible low AU grade Thank GOD. My camera is not hooked up to the computer so I (at this moment) can't upload the image.Appreciate any help of advise you could give.
If this is a RARE die of that Date....would it be worth a PREIMUM sum of money?

God Bless
Beck
LincolncentHunter.

ANSWER: As you are aware, it is impossible to comment on a coin without a photo or actually holding it. It's highly unlikely that both sides have die doubling. It may be machine or strike doubling, which would be flat or shelf-like.

There are two known 1937-P Buffalo Nickel Doubled Dies:
Designation: 1-O-VI
Description: Strong extra thickness on LIBERTY and date with light thickness on profile
Grade: MS65
Population: 1

Designation: 2-O-VI
Description: Strong extra thickness on profile with lighter thickness on LIBERTY and date
Grade: AU55
Population: 1

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to it's value and if it is authentic at no charge. Always try and get at least two opinions and try and deal with PNG dealers if possible. Here's a link to find one in your area: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

QUESTION: Thanks for your prompt answer, sir. I will share the pictures with you as soon as I load up the software required for the camera to take in the pictures on my computer.

The 2 coins you mentioned of the 1937 P  are these considered a premium coin say at least 6 figures...? in the condition you mentioned AU 55 and MS ?   I see   they do have a very low Pop reports. Thats good news for me. Has anyone of these coins gone for auction that you can recall?

God Bless
Beck
Lincoln Cent Treasure Hunter
PS:Just found a 1975  cent with a Tree struck in it. Reverse clean! A beautifull struck through Error.

Answer
I have no information as to value. There appears to be no record of sales I could find. The listings came from Variety Vista (CONECA). I suggest you contact James Wiles for further information. http://www.varietyvista.com/Variety%20Master%20Listings/buffalo%20doubled%20dies

Good Luck!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern