Coin and Paper Money Collecting/unlisted canadian medallion

folder of content
folder of content  

Hi  I bought a medallion coin in 2012 and i cannot find any information on the Canadian mint version. I'm doing a display of the 2012 diamond jubilee of queen Elizabeth II for my grandaughter.
below is the information i have:
1952 Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medallion 2012
The obverse or head side of each medal shows a portrait of the Queen
facing right by Donald R. Golder,surrounded by the inscription:-

The other side of the medal depicts a canoe with 2 voyagers passing by a
hill or rock that has a tall pne tree on it.
At the top of the coin is the word CANADA . Their apears to be a privy mark
on the left side by the tree.

This medallion appearts originally be a BRITISH issue but has a CANADIAN flavour.
I bought it at a post office here in CANADA in 2012 at the coin  counter.

Their is no face value on the medal( $, Cents, etc. ).
can you help me find this medallion with the Canadian version listing with information about this medallion.?

thank you
 Eugene Charron

These were produced in the UK with several reverse designs and some differences in the obverse designs as well. The one you describe, the Canadian reverse, also has a ring of stars around the lettering on the obverse. I have not seen them for sale directly on any websites recently, however they do pop up on eBay every now and then. I think you best bet is to do a weekly search on ebay for 2012 Elizabeth jubilee in the Coins and Paper Money category. You will no doubt find one in the near future.
Thanks for the question! :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).