Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1995 dime

Question
Front
Front  

Back
Back  
Good afternoon I found this dime and I was looking at the back and seen that it wasn't finished. The front is completely finished but the back of it is not. And I was wondering if it had any value. Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

Thanks for the question and your pictures.

What you have here is evidence of someone having too much time on their hands. This coin was mechanically polished or ground down. This is not something that happened at the mint when this coin was struck. You will be able to prove this by weighing it. An unmolested dime will weigh 2.27 grams. I think that this one will weigh 2 grams or less.

This one is still worth 10 cents.

David McConaghy
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy