Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Bronz coin with an S on each side

Question
S coin
S coin  
Hi;
I found this coin with some other stuff that was put away many years ago. It has nothing on it but a "S" on each side. The only thing I can think of is that it is a coin put out a football team, The Saskatchewan Rough Riders. The "S" is similar to there logo.
Any idea or direction of where to look?
Thanks;
Doug

Answer
Hi Doug,

Typically coins with numbers or letters like this were used as hat/coat check tokens at restaurants and nightclubs back in the 1940s - 1960s. After the 1960s they used plastic tokens that had the name of the establishment on them.

These coins/tokens were sold by many companies to use this way but it is possible that a school, fraternity or even a military organization could have used them. It will be difficult to give a specific identification as these were widely manufactured and used. They are very common and therefore have very little value.

David McConaghy
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy