Coin and Paper Money Collecting/very interesting Deco medal Saudi arabian

Hi,I've done some research but can't connect to why this coin was made, the rarity and obviously value.its 65grams bronze with palm tree,79 and P in 3 separate rounded squares(the hallmark)on the city side there's another tiny palm tree marking scribed into this coin, 3 kings or persons of importance.The Arabic legend written on the coin is "Royal Commission of Jubail and Yanbu"

Not much else I have been able to find out except I'm sure 79 is the year, but why and for what with who lol.

I hope that you can help me.

Hi Craig,
My knowledge on Middle Eastern medals is not particularly strong. I would suggest posting your question along with pictures of the medal in the identification section of the Coin Community forum, direct link There are a number of people there that are much more familiar with the type of piece you have than I am.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).