Coin and Paper Money Collecting/strange Filipinas 1918 five cantavos

Question
QUESTION: I have been able to find the Filipinas 1918 five cantavos with prices and images and even how to clean it. The one thing I can't find is one that looks like mine. Underneath the words "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" it has the smaller eagle resting on a much more intricate shield. I've only been finding that image on the later coins 1940's etc. Do I have some kind of abnormal coin of is it just too common.

ANSWER: Hi Patrick,
Sorry for the delay in replying to your question. In 1918 there was also a 5 centavos mule variety. Some examples of this coin were made using the reverse of the 20 centavo coin of this year, which was the same size. The normal variety has a narrower shield and the date look large in relation to it. The mule has a wider shield and the date looks quite small compared to it. However what you describe sounds like a completely different shield design rather than just a difference of dimensions.
Is it possible for you to upload pictures of the coin to a follow-up question here?
Thanks.

Coin_1
Coin_1  

Coin_2
Coin_2  
QUESTION: Thank you for getting back to me. I've seen the mule coins you are talking about, but it's not that. I don't have the best camera in the world but it gets the point across.

Answer
I can't make out the details clearly from the picture, but is there a mint mark to the left of the date? Unless it's an outright fake, it would have to be a 1938 with an altered or damaged 3 in the date. If altered they would probably remove the mint mark too, but if it's honest damage or an error from when it was minted, the mint mark should still be there.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits