Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coins

Question
I have in my possession two half dollars. One from 1906, the other from 1908. My husband insists that they are worth something, myself, I'm not so sure. So my question is, are my coins valuable? If so, how valuable? Thank you for your time, Brandice

Answer
Hi Brandice,

Value depends upon the condition.
Worse case, they are worth their silver content which right now is about $7 each.  That is the price for a badly worn coin.  Certainly a mint condition coin is worth substantially more.

Miss Liberty is wearing a headband that reads "LIBERTY".  That normally wears down first.  The key is being able to read the whole word LIBERTY.  If you can not see all of the letters, these coins are worth only $7 each.  However is LIBERTY is readily visible, the value is more.  However, without being able to inspect them, I can not give you an accurate estimate.

Regards
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas