Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coins

I have in my possession two half dollars. One from 1906, the other from 1908. My husband insists that they are worth something, myself, I'm not so sure. So my question is, are my coins valuable? If so, how valuable? Thank you for your time, Brandice

Hi Brandice,

Value depends upon the condition.
Worse case, they are worth their silver content which right now is about $7 each.  That is the price for a badly worn coin.  Certainly a mint condition coin is worth substantially more.

Miss Liberty is wearing a headband that reads "LIBERTY".  That normally wears down first.  The key is being able to read the whole word LIBERTY.  If you can not see all of the letters, these coins are worth only $7 each.  However is LIBERTY is readily visible, the value is more.  However, without being able to inspect them, I can not give you an accurate estimate.

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow