Coin and Paper Money Collecting/penny / dime

We found a coin that has one side as a back of a penny and the other side is the back of a dime. I had seen that maybe this may be worth some money? Iwas wondering what to do with it? If you could please contact me back Iwould love that thank you so much

Hi Anna,

If the coin is all one color on both sides, and shows remnants of both designs on both sides, it could be a double struck error worth about $100

If the coin is copper color on the penny side and silver color on the dime side, then it's a manufactured novelty item -- not something done at the mint -- and is worth about a dollar or two.

If it's something else, please send large magnified pictures of both sides and the outside edge.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College