Coin and Paper Money Collecting/penny / dime

Question
We found a coin that has one side as a back of a penny and the other side is the back of a dime. I had seen that maybe this may be worth some money? Iwas wondering what to do with it? If you could please contact me back Iwould love that thank you so much

Answer
Hi Anna,

If the coin is all one color on both sides, and shows remnants of both designs on both sides, it could be a double struck error worth about $100

If the coin is copper color on the penny side and silver color on the dime side, then it's a manufactured novelty item -- not something done at the mint -- and is worth about a dollar or two.

If it's something else, please send large magnified pictures of both sides and the outside edge.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore