Coin and Paper Money Collecting/One sided penny

I have a 1975 penny that only hAs a heads side. Opposite side is smooth. Is this rare or maybe worth any thing?

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for the pictures.  Your penny has undergone the first step in creating a novelty 2-headed coin.  Somebody ground the back side off.  If they had continued, the next step would have been to grind down the edge more.  Then another penny would have had an indentation ground into it that this coin would fit into.  Finally the two pieces would be glued together.

These 2-headed coins sell for a couple dollars, but with yours being just an incomplete piece, it has no added value.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College