Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Deutschland coin 1950

Question
Hi There. I have a 50 coin from 1950 (f. Can someone please tell me the value for such a coin if any?

Answer
1950 was one of the first years that the new Bundesrepublik Deutschland began to put out coins.  It is thus a very common coin and unlikely has any numismatic value.  So it's value is entirely in its face value.  You have the 50 pfennig, so a 1/2 mark. Germany went off the mark quite some time ago and switched to the Euro.  I think the mark was worth between 2 and 3 to the dollar so the 50 pfennig would be around a quarter.  I don't think would be able to trade it in anywhere but in Germany, but I think German banks will still accept old marks for trade into Euro, Jim Lawniczak

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak