Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Deutschland coin 1950

Hi There. I have a 50 coin from 1950 (f. Can someone please tell me the value for such a coin if any?

1950 was one of the first years that the new Bundesrepublik Deutschland began to put out coins.  It is thus a very common coin and unlikely has any numismatic value.  So it's value is entirely in its face value.  You have the 50 pfennig, so a 1/2 mark. Germany went off the mark quite some time ago and switched to the Euro.  I think the mark was worth between 2 and 3 to the dollar so the 50 pfennig would be around a quarter.  I don't think would be able to trade it in anywhere but in Germany, but I think German banks will still accept old marks for trade into Euro, Jim Lawniczak

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak

I will answer your questions about encased coins (lucky pennies), which are advertising and event tokens with coins, unually cents, struck with the token.

Long time collector of encased coins and author of several articles on encased coins.

TAMS, ECI (Encased Collectors International)

TAMS -- several articles on encased coins, in particular the encased coins of the 1901 Buffalo Pan American Exposition
Casement -- many articles on encased coins