Coin and Paper Money Collecting/misprint date on wheat penney

I am looking for value of a misprint on a wheat back penney the date is 192

Hi Gene,

Is it possible that the last digit of the date is simply worn away, as opposed to this being an error?

Another possibility is that the die was clogged with some foreign element that prevented a full strike.  Either way, I can not evaluate anything that I can not see.

If you send me a picture, I will see hwat I can do for you.

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow