Coin and Paper Money Collecting/united states of America liberty silver draped bust coins

Question
I have 5 silver looking large coins dates as follows 1791, 1798, 1800, 1801, 1804 with United States of America on one side with stars eagle an shield over it with a scroll with this inscription p.pluribus unum  and on the other side is  a draped bust lady with stars liberty over her head an date underneath her. Not sure if they could be worth anything or where to take them. Could u please help. Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Answer
Tammy:

Your coins are likely replicas. As a replica, it has no numismatic value. Depending on metal composition, if containing some silver, it could be worth $10 to $20. It may be a replica coin from the Orient (China). This country has had a large increase in "copy" coins coming from there in the past couple of years. The Chinese government allows coins to be made in China without restraint. The "counterfeiter" could be put to death if they made fake Chinese coins.

Without a photo, or the coin specifics, it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what you may have. If you want to ask a follow up question with a photo and/or added information, I'll revise my answer, as required. A key would be to compare your silver $1's to another genuine dollar around the same time frame. Compare the weight, size and thickness of each coin. A real dollar from this period weighs 26.96 gr and is 39 - 40 mm in diameter. The edge of the coin is lettered (not reeded as later dated coins are).

Article with photos of fake U.S. Bust Dollars: http://drapedbustcoins.reidgold.com/page_7.html

First, no U.S. dollar coins were minted in 1791. The Flowing Hair dollar was the first dollar coin issued by the United States federal government. The coin was minted in 1794 and 1795. The Draped Bust dollar is a United States dollar coin minted from 1795 to 1803, and again into the 1850s. The design succeeded the Flowing Hair dollar.

For more information on Bust Dollars,see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draped_Bust_dollar

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to the value at no charge. Always try and get at least two opinions and try and deal with PNG dealers if possible. If you should decide to sell your items to a dealer, remember they will offer about 50% to 60% of the retail value. Here's a link to find one in your area: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Thank You and Good Luck in your collecting.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern