Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin Worth

Penny colored dime
Penny colored dime  
QUESTION: I have a 1989 dime the color of a penny with the P mint stamp. Worth?

ANSWER: It appears to be simply tarnished.  Without a physical inspection, I would say it is onlt worth 10 cents.

QUESTION: lets assume the penny isn't tarnished. how much could it be worth?

That would depend of:
#1 authenticity
#2 Why it is the way it is, eg, is it missing the outer nickel layer (not from the picture)
#3 Finding an error collector who is intersted in it.

If it's real, it still may only be a $1 coin.

The coin needs to be personally inspected by a professional.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow