Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coins

1863 English penny. Lower 3 stamped over high 3.  To the right of the date  is a small 3 visible to the naked eye. Under the 8-6 looks like hand die 4. Where can I find more info on this coin?

The 1863 issues with die number are quite rare (especially die number 3). The other attributes you describe I cannot comment on without seeing a clear picture. The best source on information would be the Spink Catalog or the website. This would of course be for a normal coin. If the extra three is an original error it would drastically increase the value, whereas if it is doctored after the coin was minted it would significantly lower it. If you would like to attach a clear, close up picture of the date to a follow-up question, I can certainly distinguish which it is.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).