Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coins

Question
1863 English penny. Lower 3 stamped over high 3.  To the right of the date  is a small 3 visible to the naked eye. Under the 8-6 looks like hand die 4. Where can I find more info on this coin?

Answer
The 1863 issues with die number are quite rare (especially die number 3). The other attributes you describe I cannot comment on without seeing a clear picture. The best source on information would be the Spink Catalog or the http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/ website. This would of course be for a normal coin. If the extra three is an original error it would drastically increase the value, whereas if it is doctored after the coin was minted it would significantly lower it. If you would like to attach a clear, close up picture of the date to a follow-up question, I can certainly distinguish which it is.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits