Coin and Paper Money Collecting/M.THERESIA -D-GR-IMP-HU-BO-REG-S.F.

Question
What is this coin and how much is it worth. ON the back it reads: BURG-CO-TYR-1780X ARCHID-AVST-DUX. It is a double eagle backing crest.
 Unable to scan for picture as computer is down.

Answer
Hi Mathew,
This design is from an Austrian thaler coin, originally made in 1780. However, this coin has been made over and over and is still being made today. 99% of them are modern restrikes which are worth silver bullion value only. Here is a site that covers the various types: http://www.theresia.name/en/
Thank you for your question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits