Coin and Paper Money Collecting/M.THERESIA -D-GR-IMP-HU-BO-REG-S.F.

What is this coin and how much is it worth. ON the back it reads: BURG-CO-TYR-1780X ARCHID-AVST-DUX. It is a double eagle backing crest.
 Unable to scan for picture as computer is down.

Hi Mathew,
This design is from an Austrian thaler coin, originally made in 1780. However, this coin has been made over and over and is still being made today. 99% of them are modern restrikes which are worth silver bullion value only. Here is a site that covers the various types:
Thank you for your question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).