Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Straits settlement Coins

Question
Hi
i have questions regarding this coin i bought from ebay. I cannot find anything online regarding this coin,
not only that but all you find online is this coin for sale with almost same photo.

I have a standard catalog for straits settlement coin, this coin doesn't seem to exist at all
the only year it exist is 1904 and above, but this coin is 1901.

my question is:
1. does this coin in this 1901 exist?
2. how many of them is mint?
3. is it genuine you think? I can send u the photo if u give me your the email
4. how much the value of this coin?

Thanks a lot and appreciate it.

This is what the buyer said:

Description:

Found this coin in my grandfather's drawer. I have no idea whether this coin is authenic because I cannot find any

information about this coin online. And yes, I do accept returns if you do not like it....cheers!

Type: Straits Settlements 1901 Edward VII King & Emperor Quarter 1/4 Cent Coin 

Size: 17.85 mm x 17.85 mm (Approx)

Condition: Please see photos

Year: 1901

thanks again.

Answer
Hi, this is one of a group of fantasy coins made in the late 20th century, they include coins with denominations like 1/3 cent that never existed and also coins where the date does not match the king or queen on the coin. Here is a link to a question someone asked me about a similar piece: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Coin-Collecting-2297/2011/8/strait-settlement-coin.ht

These coins have a small value as novelty pieces, they are not serious collectibles.

Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits