Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Unusual coin

Question
Dear Mr. Livshits,
My husband has had many coins in a box and old pouches for many years, which belonged to his grandmother.  We are not coin collectors but several months ago I decided to look at them and to try and identify them. Goodness there are many from so many countries. So having said this I'm having a problem identifying one coin! I think it's probably from Japan or China not sure, have been searching for many hours. To describe this coin would be difficult other than (not sure)if it is the front that has what looks like a snowflake? or the back. The other side has leaves? and a double circle and in the circle looks like the number 1 with what looks like Japanese writing or Chinese. I have scanned them and I could show you. Is it possible to identify this coin without looking at it?  Can you help? I would appreciate any information you can send me.  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Lilly,
By any chance is it this coin? http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110718215226/currencies/images/b/b5/1sen-T5

If so, it's indeed from Japan and a 1 sen denomination from either the Taisho or Showa reign in the early 20th century. They are pretty common in circulated condition.

Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits