Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1888/7 penny?

Question
Indian head
Indian head  
I have an 1888 indian head penny that appears to be the 1888 over 7. It has the marking under the 8, but I am not sure if that is enough to ensure what it is. Please look at the attached picture and let me know what you think, and any information that you know about it if possible. Thank you

Answer
Hi Seth,

Thanks for your question. To help you here I would need a high resolution photo at least at 2x the normal size of the coin. The photo that you sent is about 1/5th the size of the actual coin so I would not be able to determine if you have the 8/7 variety.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy