Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Kwang-tung province coin

I had a few questions about a coin that I have. Is it an authentic coin and if so, how much would it go for?

Hi Stephen,
Unfortunately this is a modern novelty piece with a fantasy design which was never used on genuine coins. These are commonly found at flea markets and often sold in sets of various fantasy designs. Value is a few dollars at most.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).